Be Prepared Before Filing Bankruptcy
No one ever wants to be put in a situation where they are drowning in debt. But it happens, and for most people, it takes a huge emotional toll. In fact, it ranks up there with divorce, death of a loved one and business failure. So, it’s essential that you carefully weigh your options and be prepared. Below are a few things you can do before you take any action:
- Organize your paperwork and Review your Finances: Make a list of all debts, from your mortgage to student loans to child support. It would also be helpful to get a copy of your credit report to check debts you may have forgotten. There are several websites that offer free credit reports every 12 months. For every debt, try to locate paperwork to verify the creditor and the amounts because you will need these if you decide to file bankruptcy.
- Look at Options to Reduce your Debt: Before you decide to file, try your best to pay off your debts. You may also want to talk with creditors about lowering interest rates or getting better terms. You may also need to take more drastic steps, such as finding different ways to supplement your income, removing unnecessary expenses, moving to a more affordable place, etc.
- Talk with a Financial Counselor: Many financial counselors can give you a different, unbiased perspective on your financial situation. They can also provide alternatives to bankruptcy and create a customized plan to get you out of the red. And they can give you encouragement and that extra kick in the right direction! There are many web-based companies that offer such services and can provide helpful information.
- Get professional help: If you’ve done everything you can and still can’t get your head above water, bankruptcy may be your best option. Filing is complicated and involves lots of paperwork and the potential for mistakes. So, it is essential to that you consult with a professional. Our bankruptcy team at Dodge & Vega, PLC, have years of experience and will walk you through the bankruptcy process to avoid potential mistakes and pitfalls. We strive to alleviate your stress during an overwhelming time.
Our lawyers at Dodge & Vega are absolutely the best. Speak with them now over the phone or schedule an in person consult.
Kaci Brown, Dodge & Vega PLC
Dodge & Vega PLC founded by Ben Dodge, attorney at law. Ben is an Affordable Arizona Bankruptcy Lawyer, Entrepreneur, Endurance Athlete, and Extreme Ultra Cyclist.
A consultation with experienced Arizona Divorce Attorney Ben Dodge is free
Understanding your rights and what you are entitled too, Ben Dodge is known as a serious litigator. There are two types of attorneys, those that sit behind a desk and push paper and those who actually hit the court room in the real world and get things done. Ben is a litigator who thrives in the court room. He once said: “It is one thing to tell your clients you are a good lawyer, it is an entirely different thing to be willing to prove it to them while they watch you do your work in front of them, in front of a jury watching your every move, in front of a judge, and your peers who are lawyers on the other side if your case. I love the opportunity to go to court and put my money where my mouth is.
In my experience most lawyers are either afraid of the court room or not good at it and belong behind a desk or both.” -Ben Dodge Ben is one a very few lawyers trained in advance litigation skills through the National Institute of Trial Attorneys (NITA) and has earned the designation as a NITA Advocate.
The negotiation tactics and strategies of winning a case are extremely important, but should always take a back row seat to the litigation experience and knowledge of court room rules, local, state, and federal rules of civil procedure that can have significant impact on your case. It is wise to be represented by someone well versed in the law, civil procedures, local and state ordinances, rules, regulations, policies, and even the court room politics that always play out.
Ben Dodge always offers a complimentary in person consultation to all clients. For those who live out of state or are otherwise busy with work, etc. Ben will do a complimentary phone consultation as well. Typically the consultations are scheduled from 30-60 minutes depending on the severity of the case. You can expect to get answers to questions, clarity, information, and reassurance of your personal, family, or business issues. In your free consultation you can generally expect to discuss such topics as:
- What your legal issue is really about.
- Whether or not you have any chance of winning and how to make that possible.
- Our unique and incredible fee structure making Dodge & Vega lawyers affordable for almost any budget.
- Your specific case details, any pictures, police reports, or any other evidence you provide for his review.
- The applicable local, state, and federal laws underlying your case.
- Your rights, obligations, and any potential liability.
- The process, procedure (in and out of court), and the time frame required to conclude your case.
You can call Arizona Lawyer Ben Dodge of Dodge & Vega, PLC at 1.480.656.8333. Mr. Dodge’s staff is standing and ready to accept your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, every single day of the year. Someone from our office will personally return your call within 24 hours to schedule an appointment with Mr. Dodge or one o his associate attorneys. There is never an obligation past a complimentary consultation with Mr. Dodge. His passion is in relentless representation and his entire office stands ready to serve with kindness, compassion, and patience. We strive to make a legal experience with our firm one of the most outstanding customer service experiences you will ever have and to do so without you having to go broke! Lawyers can be incredible and affordable. Let us show you how.
Dodge & Vega, PLC
Call Ben Dodge, your incredible Arizona Lawyer today at 1.480.656.8333.
Mr. Dodge can also be reached by email at [email protected]
His main Arizona offices are located at:
Mesa Arizona (home base office)
7227 E. Baseline Rd. STE 109,
Mesa, Arizona 85209
Phoenix Arizona office
2415 e. Camelback Rd., suite 700
Phoenix, Arizona 85016
Tucson Arizona office
One South Church Avenue, 12th Floor
Tucson, Arizona 85701